Nick is looking forward to presenting at a Skills Active workshop at the Oval on Thursday to an audience of Sport Makers; individuals who are active in helping promote sports participation in one form or another.
Sports marketing is close to our hearts at Awaken Communications and there is no shortage of proof points as to why sport and physical activity are good for the health of the nation. Here are 10 of them:
1. Playing sports is fun. And if we wear a smile on your face we will be happier and healthier.
2. Playing sport helps foster a positive body image and higher self-esteem.
3. Those playing sport are less likely to take drugs or smoke because we are aware of the negative impact they can have upon our performance.
4. Physical activities are known to relieve stress and reduce depression.
5. Sports helps develop discipline. It encourages us to set goals and then train and work to achieve those goals.
6. Sport helps us to understand that winning and losing are two sides of the same coin. It can teach us to manage the highs and lows of daily life.
7. There is lots of evidence to show that active body helps stimulate an active mind. Kids who are involved in sports while at school are more likely to experience academic success.
8. Sports help develop teamwork and leadership skills.
9. Motor skills, strategic thinking, and even mathematical skills are underpinned in sport. Working out how to beat your opponent and basic arithmetic are everyday aspects of sport.
10. Last but not least: regular exercise increases quality of life.