The art and science of copy-writing
“There is something about words. In expert hands, manipulated deftly, they take you prisoner. Wind themselves around your limbs like spider silk, and when you are so enthralled you cannot move, they pierce your skin, enter your blood, numb your thoughts. Inside you they work their magic.”
― Diane Setterfield, The Thirteenth Tale
…or they just get straight to the point.
Good copy-writing is:
• Focused on the audience
• Mindful of context
• Sells benefits
• Likes a KISS (Keep it short and simple)
• Avoids trying to be too clever
• Works in harmony with design
• Does at least one of these: inform, educate or entertain
• Doesn’t have typos or poor puntuation……I mean punctuation
• Can make the reader smile
• Is edited….several times
• Stimulates action.
Horses for courses
Most copy-writers can turn their pen (or keyboard) to most types of copy-writing jobs.
However, like all artists, copy-writers can develop a distinctive style. There is also something to be said for subject matter expertise. So when it comes to writing your copy, Awaken Communications will choose the best writer from our portfolio, for the particular task in question.
What can we write copy for?
- Sales & Marketing materials (like this!)
- White papers and other thought leadership materials
- Reports e.g Annual Accounts and Corporate Social Responsibility Reports
- Award entries
- Case studies
- Corporate video scripts
How much do we charge?
The modest sum of £75 per hour. You can pay more if you want to…
Can we provide examples of our work?
So, how about we do some copy-writing for you? Just let us have a brief. If you are not impressed with what we come up with in the estimated time, we will do it again, until you are. At our expense.
Write to Nick Wake: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Better still give him a call on 07815 301569.